Netflix is bringing back Black sitcoms Moesha and Sister Sister, and I cannot contain my excitement

SISTER SISTER Photo by Walt Disney Television via Getty Images Photo Archives/Walt Disney Television via Getty Images

Spread the word: Netflix has secured the rights to stream some of the best Black sitcoms from the 90s and 2000s — including my personal favorites Moesha, Sister Sister, and The Parkers, all of which I fondly remember watching as a little girl. I still remember running to my room to turn on the TV, singing the R&B theme songs for each show (they were so energetic and catchy that I memorized the lyrics word by word), and how amazing it was to see TV sitcoms targeted to my demographic. There weren’t a ton of black TV shows, with black female leads taking charge, that focused on things I personally struggled with growing up.

I was pretty young when these three shows had their initial runs (I was born in 1995), but thanks to reruns...

Continue reading…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minneapolis hiring social media influencers for former police officers’ trials

Best Navigation Drawer Libraries for Android Project

To our fellow newsrooms: stop surrendering to online attacks on your reporters